Peter Petrou is the Managing Partner at Aspen Morris Solicitors and an International Award Winning Lawyer who has been interviewed by leading publication, Forbes for his International Work and was described by Forbes as having "formidable high level political and business contacts throughout Europe, US, Middle-East and Africa and seen as the go to person when doing deals in Africa."
Peter has been instrumental in leading Aspen Morris to the "UK Law Firm of the Year Award for International Law" at the Corporate LiveWire Global Awards 2015, 2016 and 2019 and Aspen Morris being named to the "European's FAST50 Companies 2015". Peter has also recently been listed in the Global Law Expert Guide 2016.
Peter sits on the Board of various companies and also provides strategic advice to various African Governments.
Peter commenced his legal career at leading US Law Firm Dewey & LeBoeuf LLP where he joined their Capital Markets department. Peter’s main practice involved advising on a wide range of equity, equity-linked and debt capital markets transactions, including IPO’s and Stock Market listings. He was involved in several multi-million and billion-dollar transactions for several blue chip clients.
Peter then moved to Trowers & Hamlins LLP, a law firm based in Central London, which is consistently ranked as one of the leading law firms in the Middle-East. During his time at Trowers & Hamlins LLP, Peter assisted his clients in Africa, Russia, India and the Middle-East on several real estate, corporate, project finance transactions and litigation.
In 2012, Peter launched Aspen Morris Solicitors and became one of the youngest Managing Partners of a Law Firm in the United Kingdom.
Peter advises both his domestic and international clients on Real Estate, Litigation, Employment, International Law and Corporate and Commercial matters.
- LLB (Hons), King's College London
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School - Distinction
Awards and Recognition
- "Peter Petrou has formidable high level political and business contacts throughout Europe, US, Middle-East and Africa and seen as the go to person when doing deals in Africa."- Leading US Publication Forbes 2014
- Peter Petrou collects prestigious "UK Law Firm of the Year Award for International Law on behalf of Aspen Morris" at the Corporate LiveWire Global Awards 2015
- "Peter Petrou named to the Global Law Experts Guide 2016" - Global Law Experts 2016
- "Rising star" Lawyer, Peter Petrou Influencing Global Business - The European Magazine 2015
- "Peter Petrou's Law Firm, Aspen Morris named to list of the "European's FAST50 Companies 2015". - The European Magazine 2015
- "Outstanding Contribution to Real Estate in Africa 2014" - Property Investor Africa Award 2014
- "People to watch in 2015 - Who are Influencing Africa's Real Estate Market" - Property Investor Africa Award 2014
- "Peter Petrou Appointed as Global Legal Counsel to the World Leaders Forum Dubai" - World Leaders Forum Dubai 2014
- "Peter Petrou Appointed Goodwill Ambassador to the UK Cyprus Enterprise Council" - UK Cyprus Enterprise Council 2014
- "Peter Petrou Appointed as Vice President of American International Commercial Arbitration Court" - American International Commercial Arbitration Court 2014
- "Peter Petrou Appointed as Legal Counsel for UK and Europe to Africa 2.0" - Africa 2.0 2015
- American International Commercial Arbitration Court - Position: Vice President
- Africa Internship Academy - Position: Board of Trustees
- Global Law Experts - Position: Real Estate UK
- Africa 2.0 - Position: Legal Counsel UK & Europe
- Africa Leadership Network - Class of 2015
- World Leaders Forum Dubai - Position: Global Legal Counsel
- Africa & Middle East Business Club - Position: Founder & CEO
- FEOD Group - Position: Partner
- Property Investor Africa - Position: Advisory Board
- UK Cyprus Enterprise Council - Position: Ambassador
- Solicitor of the Senior Courts of England and Wales
- Various Africa focused organisations
- "Doing Business In Africa: Award-Winning Lawyer Peter Petrou Provides An International Perspective" - Forbes 2014
- "Ghana: Changing perspectives of Russian, Ukrainian and Middle Eastern investors" - How we Made it in Africa 2014
- "Who’s Buying Real Estate In Ghana?" - AFK Insider 2014
*Connect with Peter Petrou on Linkedin