Grass field in Spring Grass field in Spring

Complaints Procedure

It is important to us that we provide services of the highest quality to all of our clients. We aim to ensure that any complaints that clients may have are identified and dealt with in accordance with this procedure.

Making a complaint

If you feel dissatisfied with any part of the service, you should discuss this directly with the person dealing with your matter. If the issues cannot be resolved at this stage, you should put your complaint into writing to Peter Petrou who is the Managing partner at the firm and also the Client Care Partner.

Investigating the complaint

  1. Having received any written complaint, we will acknowledge receipt within seven days.
  2. We will conduct a full investigation and an independent review of the matter.
  3. We aim to respond in full within 28 days. However, if the complaint is of a more complex nature we may require more time, but we will let you know when you will receive a full response.
  4. Our response will be in writing and hopefully any issues can be resolved at this stage.
  5. If we are unable to resolve the complaint with you then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates problems about poor service from lawyers.
  6. Before accepting a complaint for investigation, the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:
    • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint and
    • No more than six years from the date of act/omission; or
    • No more than three years from when you should reasonably have known there was cause for complaint.

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them. Contact details:

Call 0300 555 0333 between 9am to 5pm
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

Who can make a complaint

A complainant to the Legal Ombudsman must be one of the following:

If you do not fall into any of these categories, you should be aware that you can only obtain redress by using our Complaints Handling Procedure or by mediation or arbitration, or by taking action through the Courts.

Alternative Dispute Resolution

Alternative complaints bodies (such as Ombudsman Services - exist which are competent to deal with complaints about legal services should both you and our firm wish to use such a scheme.

Request a callback

Please complete your details below and
one of our team will be in contact shortly